Sunday, January 10, 2010

Technology K-12

I remember at my school in Utah we had only 3 computers in a small room. The room was considered for the school newspaper and some typing classes. In first grade, we had a short typing class, that consisted of learning how to use keyboards (what they were, how to use them) for 15 min. and then playing computer games for 45 min. It was a one time only class. Then moving to Oregon, I didn't have another computer class until 3rd Grade. I began to actually learn how to type and how to type fast. I wasn't a fast typer, but I learned the proper way to type. On through 4th -8th grade, my computer teacher was fascinated with claymation and fast-motion animation. We had multiple projects involving the usage of digital cameras, video cameras, photo scanners, and Windows Movie Maker. Through high school, I knew fully well how to use anything digital. A digital camera, a video camera, a photo scanner, I owned a Dell for a while, now I own a macbook. By my Junior year of high school, I began to experiment with Adobe products.

No comments:

Post a Comment